Re: Anyone using Smart Gnome Control

  • rogerg6ckr
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
      --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Rick Kunath <k9ao@...> wrote:

      > On Sunday 02 December 2007 2:04:20 pm rogerg6ckr wrote:
      > > if yes whats the trick the get ti to talk to the rig.
      > > There is nowhere to set the baud rate so does it use a set rate or try
      > > and match it?
      > > The rig control under fldigi works with the same computer rig
      combination.
      > > 73 Roger
      > > G6CKR
      >
      > I've used it, but years ago. It isn't under development any more, so
      no real
      > progress on it. The last update was in 2005 I think.
      >
      > The inability to set the baud rate on the app for rigs that need it,
      was
      > reported by me in 2005. It's never been fixed.
      >
      > I haven't done much with it lately, and there are plenty of bugs
      needing work.

      > Rick Kunath, k9ao

      Thanks.
      You don't happen to know the default baud rate for the serial port do
      you? The radio I'm using (TS570) can do quite a few rates.
      Rogre G6CKR
    • Rick Kunath
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
        rogerg6ckr wrote:

        > You don't happen to know the default baud rate for the serial port do
        > you? The radio I'm using (TS570) can do quite a few rates.

        I think it's the default rate for the hamlib module for the radio.

        Rick Kunath, k9ao
      • rogerg6ckr
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
          --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Rick Kunath <k9ao@...> wrote:

          > rogerg6ckr wrote:
          >
          > > You don't happen to know the default baud rate for the serial port do
          > > you? The radio I'm using (TS570) can do quite a few rates.
          >
          > I think it's the default rate for the hamlib module for the radio.
          >
          > Rick Kunath, k9ao

          Ah. Then there are 2 possibilities.
          1 it's just not working.
          or
          2 I have changed it for the fidigi version and SGC is using different
          rate.
          I will work through the possible values each time I switch on.
          Tahnks for trying.
          Roger