Re: [linuxham] Anyone using Smart Gnome Control

  • Rick Kunath
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
      On Sunday 02 December 2007 2:04:20 pm rogerg6ckr wrote:
      > if yes whats the trick the get ti to talk to the rig.
      > There is nowhere to set the baud rate so does it use a set rate or try
      > and match it?
      > The rig control under fldigi works with the same computer rig combination.
      > 73 Roger
      > G6CKR

      I've used it, but years ago. It isn't under development any more, so no real
      progress on it. The last update was in 2005 I think.

      The inability to set the baud rate on the app for rigs that need it, was
      reported by me in 2005. It's never been fixed.

      I haven't done much with it lately, and there are plenty of bugs needing work.

      Rick Kunath, k9ao
    • rogerg6ckr
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
        --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Rick Kunath <k9ao@...> wrote:

        > On Sunday 02 December 2007 2:04:20 pm rogerg6ckr wrote:
        > > if yes whats the trick the get ti to talk to the rig.
        > > There is nowhere to set the baud rate so does it use a set rate or try
        > > and match it?
        > > The rig control under fldigi works with the same computer rig
        combination.
        > > 73 Roger
        > > G6CKR
        >
        > I've used it, but years ago. It isn't under development any more, so
        no real
        > progress on it. The last update was in 2005 I think.
        >
        > The inability to set the baud rate on the app for rigs that need it,
        was
        > reported by me in 2005. It's never been fixed.
        >
        > I haven't done much with it lately, and there are plenty of bugs
        needing work.

        > Rick Kunath, k9ao

        Thanks.
        You don't happen to know the default baud rate for the serial port do
        you? The radio I'm using (TS570) can do quite a few rates.
        Rogre G6CKR
      • Rick Kunath
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
          rogerg6ckr wrote:

          > You don't happen to know the default baud rate for the serial port do
          > you? The radio I'm using (TS570) can do quite a few rates.

          I think it's the default rate for the hamlib module for the radio.

          Rick Kunath, k9ao
        • rogerg6ckr
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
            --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Rick Kunath <k9ao@...> wrote:

            > rogerg6ckr wrote:
            >
            > > You don't happen to know the default baud rate for the serial port do
            > > you? The radio I'm using (TS570) can do quite a few rates.
            >
            > I think it's the default rate for the hamlib module for the radio.
            >
            > Rick Kunath, k9ao

            Ah. Then there are 2 possibilities.
            1 it's just not working.
            or
            2 I have changed it for the fidigi version and SGC is using different
            rate.
            I will work through the possible values each time I switch on.
            Tahnks for trying.
            Roger