Anyone using Smart Gnome Control

  • rogerg6ckr
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
      if yes whats the trick the get ti to talk to the rig.
      There is nowhere to set the baud rate so does it use a set rate or try
      and match it?
      The rig control under fldigi works with the same computer rig combination.
      73 Roger
      G6CKR
    • Rick Kunath
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
        On Sunday 02 December 2007 2:04:20 pm rogerg6ckr wrote:
        > if yes whats the trick the get ti to talk to the rig.
        > There is nowhere to set the baud rate so does it use a set rate or try
        > and match it?
        > The rig control under fldigi works with the same computer rig combination.
        > 73 Roger
        > G6CKR

        I've used it, but years ago. It isn't under development any more, so no real
        progress on it. The last update was in 2005 I think.

        The inability to set the baud rate on the app for rigs that need it, was
        reported by me in 2005. It's never been fixed.

        I haven't done much with it lately, and there are plenty of bugs needing work.

        Rick Kunath, k9ao
      • rogerg6ckr
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
          --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Rick Kunath <k9ao@...> wrote:

          > On Sunday 02 December 2007 2:04:20 pm rogerg6ckr wrote:
          > > if yes whats the trick the get ti to talk to the rig.
          > > There is nowhere to set the baud rate so does it use a set rate or try
          > > and match it?
          > > The rig control under fldigi works with the same computer rig
          combination.
          > > 73 Roger
          > > G6CKR
          >
          > I've used it, but years ago. It isn't under development any more, so
          no real
          > progress on it. The last update was in 2005 I think.
          >
          > The inability to set the baud rate on the app for rigs that need it,
          was
          > reported by me in 2005. It's never been fixed.
          >
          > I haven't done much with it lately, and there are plenty of bugs
          needing work.

          > Rick Kunath, k9ao

          Thanks.
          You don't happen to know the default baud rate for the serial port do
          you? The radio I'm using (TS570) can do quite a few rates.
          Rogre G6CKR
        • Rick Kunath
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
            rogerg6ckr wrote:

            > You don't happen to know the default baud rate for the serial port do
            > you? The radio I'm using (TS570) can do quite a few rates.

            I think it's the default rate for the hamlib module for the radio.

            Rick Kunath, k9ao
          • rogerg6ckr
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
              --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Rick Kunath <k9ao@...> wrote:

              > rogerg6ckr wrote:
              >
              > > You don't happen to know the default baud rate for the serial port do
              > > you? The radio I'm using (TS570) can do quite a few rates.
              >
              > I think it's the default rate for the hamlib module for the radio.
              >
              > Rick Kunath, k9ao

              Ah. Then there are 2 possibilities.
              1 it's just not working.
              or
              2 I have changed it for the fidigi version and SGC is using different
              rate.
              I will work through the possible values each time I switch on.
              Tahnks for trying.
              Roger