Lots of dependencies!

  • qrv@kd4e.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2013
      I just went to load fldigi on a Puppy Linux dpup Raring 3992
      laptop and the list of dependencies was 39 ... last I saw as
      I wasn't paying close attention.

      Download just completed and ... wait for it ... a miracle in
      Debian/Ubuntu-world happened ... there were no missing
      dependencies!

      And, just as amazing ... fldigi was installed in Menu -->
      Network and opened up fine the first time. Well done!

      OK, now it's my turn, I have to figure out the settings and
      get it connected to my Icom IC-7200.

      This could take a while ... :-)

      --

      Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com

      David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA

      Search with: duckduckgo.com

    • qrv@kd4e.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 2013
        fldigi is talking to my ic-7200 via the USB cable but after a
        few minutes CPU usage skyrockets & the laptop becomes
        unresponsive - requiring a cold restart.

        Laptop is an old Panasonic Toughbook CF-29.

        WDYT?

        Note: Have to shut down now, have church & company tomorrow,
        may not get back to read replies until later in the day, Sunday.

        Thanks in advance!

        --

        Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com

        David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA

        Search with: duckduckgo.com

      • Robert Stiles
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 22, 2013
          A little more information is required, What OS, OS version, FLDIGI version, etc.

          Make sure you use the slowest baud rate if the USB connection is for rig control, turn off Hardware and software flow control. With hardware and software flow control off it's best to keep the baud rate at or below 9600.

          If the USB connection is for Audio, set the audio sample rate to native.

          Robert

        • qrv@kd4e.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 22, 2013
            Puppy Linux dpup Raring 3992

            fldigi version: 3.21.68

            It seems to be working OK today.

            The differences are two:

            1. I moved the USB cable from the PCMCIA-to-USB2 adapter to the
            internal USB 1.1 port.

            2. I had the IC-7200 powered up before I powered up the laptop.

            I am guessing #1 is the answer & # is not a relevant variable.

            WDYT?

            David