xlog 1.6.2 + xdx 2.3

  • Martin Kratoska
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 1, 2007
      Just testing both above. I'm surprised/don't understand why these
      programs can't cooperate, ie. clicking to a spot in xdx does not mean
      automatic rewriting the call into xlog.

      As a logger, xlog seems quite good, however its capacity is very
      limited. I used it for several months. It seems that it can be converted
      to a contest logger, it can replace tlf because 80% of all work needed
      for a contest logger is already done. The main task would be a
      reasonable scoring system and the exchange handling, some known errors
      in unnecessary exchange syntax checking should be avoided. Anyway, I
      offer my assistance.

      73,
      Martin, OK1RR

      P.S. The use of gtk+2-2.12.0 or above is not the best joke of the week,
      Many distros are equipped with rather old gtk+2 and compiling from the
      sources can be a real pain. If I can, I vote for 'not to use most fresh
      components'.
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 1, 2007
        Ken N9VV wrote:
        > Hi, does anyone know a method to put EMCpup.2.17.2.04
        > on a bootable USB stick? I have a little mITX system
        > that has no floppy/CDROM (yet).
        > thanks for any pointers,
        > de ken n9vv
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Ken, boot the cd and then look at the Menu system. You will find an
        entry that will create the bootable USB stick for you. It helps if the
        device already has a boot sector on it but I think that the program can
        do that as well.