Linux Mint 15, WSJTX, SL_USB, & K3 play nice together.

  • Sam
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2013
      After only a few days of tinkering around, I am happy to report the following equipment and programs have decided to play nice on my new Linux box.

      (a big shout out goes to N8TL for a couple of very helpful sound card clues, and for reminding me of this list <g>)

      AMD 4.0Ghz 8 core w/ 16Gig of ram
      Linux Mint 15
      WSJT-X v1.1, r3496
      Elecraft K3
      SignaLink USB

      under Setup/Configuration/Station my settings are:

      PTT method: CAT PTT Port: None
      [x] Enable PSK Reporter [x] CW ID after 73 CD ID Interval (min): 0

      [x] Enable CAT Rig 229 Elecraft K3/KX3
      CAT port: /dev/ttyS0 [ ] RTS/DTR OFF Data bits: 8
      Serial rate: 38400 (x) Data Stop bits: 2
      Handshake: None [x] Split Tx
      Polling interval (s): 4

      Audio In: Dev 15 CH 32 API ALSA Name pulse
      Audio Out: Dev 5 CH 2 API ALSA Name USB Audio CODEC: USB Audio (hw:3,0)

      ===

      when trying to use USB Audio CODEC: USB Audio (hw:3,0) for Audio In
      I get a popup window that says:

      error in Sound in
      "Port Audio says requested sound card format not supported"

      and another popup window that says:
      "Failed to start audio input stream"

      ===

      Using FLDigi, using PortAudio, both Capture and Playback work fine using USB Audio CODEC: USB Audio (hw:3,0)

      ===
      With WSJTX I was stuck with TX only, no RX, until it dawned on me the SignaLink USB has an Aux out jack in the rear panel. So I have taken the 'AUX out' from the SignaLink USB and fed it into the Line In for my motherboard's sound card and that allows me to receive.

      ===
      Proof in the pudding was a contact on JT65 as well as one on JT9.

      --
      73 & GB
      Sam