Re: [linuxham] Re: Idea for Fldigi - callsign labeling in the waterfall

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2013
      On 06/29/2013 10:32 AM, mni12 wrote:

      Hi David

      I have also thought about similar feature.
      I think it would require the following:

      * automatic detection of CW signals in the frequency range
      * multiple parallel instances of Morse decoder
      * ability to detect call sign from decoded text stream

      I did some experiments on the first topic, see:
      http://ag1le.blogspot.com/2012/04/experiment-decoding-multiple-morse-code.html

      I have a version of CW.CXX that with some work could do the second topic, multiple instances of the decoder.

      I would be interested in that Mauri.  As you test, please measure the cpu load with and without multiple decoders.

      The last one could be done with a database of call signs and simple dictionary lookup.

      Or as it is current done in notifications and the psk/rtty browser using regular expression parsing.