Re: Puppy digital mode setup

  • todddrumheller
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20, 2013
      What worked for me was going into the audio tab in fldigi and choosing pulse audio, in the input and output drop down menus choose /Dev/dsp0. I am not near my computer at the moment so my input is based on memory. Hope it works, let me know.

      --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Marty Hartwell <mhartwe@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I have a small pc with the DXpedition puppy linux and can't seem
      > to get the sound card to work right. On the same PC I have Xubuntu
      > 12.04 working fine, copies digital modes fine. Is there any
      > setup instructions for Puppy linux?
      >
      > Marty kd8bj

    • todddrumheller
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 20, 2013
        OK I am at my computer now and I see my recollection was not so good, disregard my last post. In fldigi go to configure > sound card > audio > devices and choose port audio and corresponding drop down menus /dev/dsp. That is what worked for me but puppy is notorious when it comes to sound card detection. I use puppy precise and installed the corresponding pet packages from the fldigi download site. I hope it works for you let me know

        --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Marty Hartwell <mhartwe@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I have a small pc with the DXpedition puppy linux and can't seem
        > to get the sound card to work right. On the same PC I have Xubuntu
        > 12.04 working fine, copies digital modes fine. Is there any
        > setup instructions for Puppy linux?
        >
        > Marty kd8bj

      • Marty Hartwell
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 20, 2013
          Hi

          I have it working now, last night I played around with a reload of the
          DXpedition Puppy and got it reloaded. I think something was interrupted
          during the first time around. Was able to copy about 30 minutes of CW
          using my RX320D and a cable from the Line Out of RX to the mic input of
          the laptop and adjusting the Line Out level of the TT320 software I use
          for the RX320D. Not a bad setup but am just using it to test with. I will
          setup my FT817. I am hopping this PC can be my camping/radio playing on
          digital setup for the near future, and next years field day outing.

          Marty kd8bj