Re: [linuxham] Fldigi 3.21.72

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 19, 2013
      On 06/19/2013 04:16 PM, David wrote:
      Hi Ed ..sorry i didnt reply but got rather busy

      in fact i trash the Ubuntu 13.04 that i had so had to reinstall it
      and that answered the problem..dont know what it was
      or why...still a problem on 12.10
      thats only a back up and trial if something doesnt wok on 13.04

      ok back to getting this 13.04 setup...its so different to 12.10
      using gnome desktop

      73 David VK4BDJ
      David,

      Try the Mint distribution. http://www.linuxmint.com/

      Dave
    • David
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 19, 2013
        Hi Dave...wondered when you would pop in

        tried Mint a few years ago..love the Green color
        just my thing ...must try it again

        David

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 19, 2013
          On 06/19/2013 05:37 PM, David wrote:
          > Hi Dave...wondered when you would pop in
          >
          > tried Mint a few years ago..love the Green color
          > just my thing ...must try it again
          >
          > David

          I'm using mint14, you will like what you see.

          Ed W3NR
        • David
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 19, 2013
            Hi Ed...ive just d/l both Mate and Cinnamon
            to have a look.....they are Mint 15 ones and 64 bit
            will let you know what i think

            David

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 19, 2013
              On 06/19/2013 06:19 PM, David wrote:
              > Hi Ed...ive just d/l both Mate and Cinnamon
              > to have a look.....they are Mint 15 ones and 64 bit
              > will let you know what i think
              >
              > David

              Use either 13 or 14.....15 is buggy and has a lot of problems. I use 32
              bit even though my desktop is 64 bit.

              Dave and I both use Mate.

              Ed
            • David
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 19, 2013
                Hi ED..thanks for the heads up
                Mate reminds me of an old gnome desktop
                Cinnamon would be my preference if i can get it in Mint 14

                ok on 32 bit its able to work more software

                now to have another look

                David