Linux: PengPod 1000 Ham Radio software

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2013
      Hi everybody,

      I recently purchased a PengPod 1000 (a True Linux tablet). I've spent time getting the software collection from my Linux ham radio DVD working on this device. The microSD card image is now ready for download:

      https://sourceforge.net/projects/kb1oiq-andysham/
      Look for a file called: pengpod_image_4GiB.dd.gz

      Note that this image will ONLY work on a PengPod 1000. What is a PengPod 1000, you ask? Read more here:

      http://www.pengpod.com

      I use this tablet as a small laptop, with a keyboard and mouse. The software collection works pretty well with those input devices. Yes, the touch screen works, but IMHO isn't well suited for these applications.

      This effort was based heavily on a PengPod Linaro Linux image. Linaro is derived from Ubuntu, which is derived from Debian. I built upon the Linaro image.

      I tried the Signalink USB with the PengPod 1000 and it worked fine with Fldigi. I also used the PengPod 1000 to control my homebrew AZ-EL satellite antenna rotator via GPredict.

      One can read more in the "Discussion" and "News" portions of the aforementioned Sourceforge website.

      Have a lot of fun, and 73,

      Andy