CW with fldigi and Mac

  • Dick Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 2013
      I have most of the Op Modes working with my Mac and K3 except sending CW. I have the Rig Control set for Hamlib. I am not sure whether I need to use the DTR , RTS/CTS , RTS or XonXoff. I am using IMic and my interface. I suspect I need to use the CONFIG /PTT-KEY settings on the K3 but not sure of the right combination.

      Dick, KT6X
    • Dave Wright
      Message 2 of 3 , May 26, 2013
        Fldigi doesn't key CW in the CW mode on the K3.  It uses audio CW sent within the USB or LSB of the receiver...similar to AFSK, but with CW.

        Simply set the K3 to the DATA-A mode you use for PSK31, and you'll be good to go.

        K3DCW
        www.k3dcw.net

        "Real radio bounces off the sky"