Re: [linuxham] DX Cluster help...

  • David A. Ranch
    Message 1 of 10 , May 22 9:10 PM
      Hello Pavel,

      Good to hear from you and it seems like you're making real progress with
      what you have to work with.

      Curious: can you get ICMP messages? You can pack a lot of information
      in a 1500 byte ping and there is quite a bit of software out there to
      tunnel data through ping, traceroute, etc.

      https://www.google.com/search?q=buy+HiQSDR&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a#client=firefox-a&hl=en&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aunofficial&sclient=psy-ab&q=linux+icmp+tunneling&oq=linux+icmp+tunneling&gs_l=serp.3..0i22i30.556434.560888.0.561273.20.15.0.4.4.1.337.2468.0j11j3j1.15.0...0.0...1c.1.14.psy-ab.qAP8OV-jjWo&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.46865395,d.cGE&fp=5aa73b67d26e8762&biw=1214&bih=848

      If you can get pings.. I'm sure one of us can send you DX spots in real
      time!

      --David
    • Holger Schurig
      Message 2 of 10 , May 23 12:37 AM
        What you need is a program that can parse those DX-spots e-mail and
        connect to your dx-cluster server running on your Linux box and posts
        the spots, just like a normal spotter would post them.

        That means that it needs to make a telnet connection, identify as some
        ham (i.e. using the call sign of the spotter from as parsed from the
        e-mail), post one DX spot ... and so on, until the e-mail is
        processed.

        I'd write such a program in Python, but other scripting languages
        (especially Perl) also have good support for parsing, handlnig e-mails
        and telnet connections.

        Holger, DH3HS
      • David
        Message 3 of 10 , May 23 4:43 AM
          This message thread is outside the scope of this groups intended use. Please find another forum on which to discuss this topic. Thank you.

          Dave, W1HKJ, group owner
        • Ing. Pavel Milanes Costa
          Message 4 of 10 , May 24 8:06 AM
            Sorry Dave for the off topic thread,

            The last email from David Ranch give me a huge ray of light on the matter.

            I consider the thread closed, thanks to every one that give me some ideas.

            73 and sorry again...