WATERFALL

  • Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2013
      Now folks, don't blast me for this. FLDIGI by far exceeds other software on the market in accuracy, quality, adaptability and operability. This is just an observation.

      Has anyone noticed that on Olivia 2000/16 that the vertical lines to enclose the signal in the waterfall only encloses about 1750 KHZ rather than the 2000 KHZ?

      As long as you know where the sending stations center frequency is it is not a problem. But does cause a bit of a stir otherwise.

      Thanks for a great program!!

      Tom WD4FFN
      Message 2 of 2 , May 14, 2013
        On 05/14/2013 06:21 AM, Thomas wrote:
        > Now folks, don't blast me for this. FLDIGI by far exceeds other software on the market in accuracy, quality, adaptability and operability. This is just an observation.
        >
        > Has anyone noticed that on Olivia 2000/16 that the vertical lines to enclose the signal in the waterfall only encloses about 1750 KHZ rather than the 2000 KHZ?
        >
        > As long as you know where the sending stations center frequency is it is not a problem. But does cause a bit of a stir otherwise.
        >
        > Thanks for a great program!!
        >
        > Tom WD4FFN
        The upper and lower signal bracket lines are designed to lie on the
        center of tone position of the highest and lowest tone respectively
        (closer to 1780 Hz). The 2000 is an indicator of the full 3 dB
        bandwidth of the 16 tones. You should always specify the center
        frequency when specifying a QSO frequency. Other modem programs
        (MultiPsk, DM780 etc) may show the 3 dB boundaries.