Re: [linuxham] Re: Rig control problem running fldigi with Ubuntu via microHam DigiKeyer

    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2013
      On 05/12/2013 06:18 AM, Roger Reeves M0ROJ wrote:
      > I've updated fldigi to the latest version (x.x.70) and still not able to
      > setup the rig control.
      >
      > I've also installed flrig and the same problem persists.
      >
      > I'm running the mhuxd daemon written by Matthias Moeller (DJ5QV) as the
      > Ubuntu interface for the microHam DigiKeyer which sets up three serial ports
      > - cat1, ptt1 and fsk1 in /dev/mhuxd/.
      >
      > When I attempt to put these in their respective places in both fldigi and/or
      > flrig setup for ptt and rig control, it ignores them and reverts to NONE.
      >
      > This would appear to be causing the problem - I think - no connectivity.
      >
      > So, any thoughts on a fix for this problem, please, or other suggestions as
      > to the cause?
      >
      > 73 de Roj M0ROJ

      Are the ports listed in the pulldown selector ? If not, then fldigi
      cannot find them. If they are, are you in the dialout group.

      Ed W3NR
    • dj5qv
      Message 2 of 5 , May 19, 2013
        I had a quick look into the flrig source. It appears that it populates
        the pulldown selector by enumerating over /sys/class/tty/. Problem
        now is that Roger wants to use a CUSE device which is kind of a
        virtual character device. However such devices appear in
        /sys/class/cuse/. As the author of mhxud I haven't found a clean way
        to list those devices in /sys/class/tty yet.

        Having that said I have no problems with fldigi using those CUSE
        devices. They don't appear in the pulldown menu either but one can
        enter the path manually.

        73s
        Matthias - DJ5QV