Re: [linuxham] Re: mfsk freezes on sending / receiving pic 2nd attempt to fix

  • Robert Stiles
    Message 1 of 15 , May 9 5:33 PM
      Try creating another user account and try again.

      Or you can boot into safe mode and then try again.

      Select another audio in/out, something other then SignaLink

      Maybe there is a convict with some other software

      Robert

      Message 2 of 15 , May 9 7:37 PM
        problem exists with separate PTT toggled on or off

        > On 05/09/2013 03:12 PM, John Wiener wrote:
        >
        > > On Rig Control Configuration, I have "Use separate serial port PTT"
        > > and blanked the device window.
        >
        > If you are trying to use this, then there is your problem.
        >
        > Ed W3NR

      • John Wiener
        Message 3 of 15 , May 11 1:03 PM
          will try to load fldigi on a mac laptop but it is an older mac version
          ... so it won't be apples-to-apples hi

          in the meantime...

          here are directions from Signalink:

          Do I select a serial port when configuring my communications program -

          Some communications programs will have a COM Port selection for PTT (Push To Talk), and some will also have COM Port selection for radio control ("CAT" control). The SignaLink does NOT use a serial port for PTT control, so your communications program should be set to "None", "COM0", "External VOX", or a similar setting to indicate that a serial port is not used. Some newer programs have a "SignaLink" setting that should be used if available

          So what do I put in the rig control box? device box defaults to
          "/dev/ptt"

          I can clear the box and save it...then I tried mfsk pic...same result
          If I close and re-open fldigi, the "/dev/ptt" is again in the device box.

          I have tried with RigCAT set on or off using Elecraft K2 beta in hamlib

          same results in all cases.

          on the mac..

          sound output is on internal speakers (tried it with USB Audio CODEC also)
          sound input is USB Audio CODEC
          sound effects thru selected output device changed to thru internal speakers... results no diff...fldigi crashes.

          what else can I check?

          John
          AB8O