Re: [linuxham] FLDIGI Icon Flrig too

    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2013
      On 05/05/2013 12:39 PM, Marty Hartwell wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I have had to rebuild my linux system once again. I have setup for
      > Kamal's PPA and it appears I have Fldigi version 3.21.70 up and running
      > along with the latest Flrig too.
      > I don't see the Fldigi or flrig icons show up on the desktop. As
      > a matter of fact I had to make a launcher, but in the past they used to
      > show with me doing nothing. Is it because I didn't load it the first time
      > from Synaptic Manager, and then set up the PPA, or something else, and
      > can
      > anyone tell me how to get the icon to show, and is there an icon for
      > flrig
      > too I thought I had see one a while ago.
      >
      > Marty kd8bj

      If you had built from source they would be in /home/fldigi/data. And
      automatically be there.

      Ed W3NR
    • vito49swl
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2013
        Marty, I'm not sure I understand your problem, but can you start fldigi from a terminal? Just type "fldigi" (without quotes) in a terminal and it will start IF all dependencies are installed too. If there are problems they will be shown in the terminal ... I had also problems with installing version 3.21.70 there was a library missing (lib6.so if I can recall).
        Finally I installed the older version from the packet manager.

        Sorry if this doesn't help you.

        Vito
        vito49swl

        --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Marty Hartwell <mhartwe@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I have had to rebuild my linux system once again. I have setup for
        > Kamal's PPA and it appears I have Fldigi version 3.21.70 up and running
        > along with the latest Flrig too.
        > I don't see the Fldigi or flrig icons show up on the desktop. As
        > a matter of fact I had to make a launcher, but in the past they used to
        > show with me doing nothing. Is it because I didn't load it the first time
        > from Synaptic Manager, and then set up the PPA, or something else, and
        > can
        > anyone tell me how to get the icon to show, and is there an icon for
        > flrig
        > too I thought I had see one a while ago.
        >
        > Marty kd8bj

      • Marty Hartwell
        Message 3 of 5 , May 6, 2013
          Hi Vito

          No problem starting and running either application. I just didn't see the
          icon on the launcher I created. I have solved my issue and it was and is
          quite simple. I must have either found the solution or someone pointed me
          to it when I first started using Xubuntu and I forgot but I just had to drag
          the name from the applications menu down to the desktop and created a new
          launcher with a good icon. So I am happy with my little success.

          Marty kd8bj