Re: mfsk freezes on sending / receiving pic 2nd attempt to fix

  • John Wiener
    Message 1 of 15 , May 4, 2013
      double clicking Esc does not unlock the waterfall

      > John,
      >
      > I will send you an email off list with directions on uploading the image
      > file to an ftp location on the www.w1hkj.com web site.
      >
      > In the meantime please do the following.
      >
      > Create a very small image file, preferably less than 2 K in size.
      >
      > Repeat the tests sequence. When the waterfall freezes try pressing the
      > Esc key twice (like a mouse double click). Let me know if that unlocks
      > the waterfall.
      >
      > Dave

    • John Wiener
      Message 2 of 15 , May 9, 2013
        Thanks to Dave for helping me off list

        Still haven't solved the puzzle. Others using iMac and Fldigi with the same versions of each do NOT have this problem.
        This is really bugging me.
        I have set fldigi to default settings. I checked the jumpers on the Signalink USB. All OK.

        So, on MFSK, fldigi freezes at the end of image sent (or received).

        It seems the PTT is activated at the end of the image sent (or received) inappropriately...
        The waterfall freezes, followed by xcvr going to receive (less than qtr second) FLDigi not responsive...a few items intially work then nothing. eg, you can close the image window use pulldown menus but they won't do more than open.

        On Rig Control Configuration, I have "Use separate serial port PTT" and blanked the device window.

        Dave says it's not in the software.

        Any ideas on settings...on fldigi? on iMac?

        John
        AB8O

        Message 3 of 15 , May 9, 2013
          On 05/09/2013 03:12 PM, John Wiener wrote:

          > On Rig Control Configuration, I have "Use separate serial port PTT"
          > and blanked the device window.

          If you are trying to use this, then there is your problem.

          Ed W3NR
        • Robert Stiles
          Message 4 of 15 , May 9, 2013
            Try creating another user account and try again.

            Or you can boot into safe mode and then try again.

            Select another audio in/out, something other then SignaLink

            Maybe there is a convict with some other software

            Robert

            Still haven't solved the puzzle. Others using iMac and Fldigi with the same versions of each do NOT have this problem.
            This is really bugging me.
            I have set fldigi to default settings. I checked the jumpers on the Signalink USB. All OK.

            So, on MFSK, fldigi freezes at the end of image sent (or received).

            It seems the PTT is activated at the end of the image sent (or received) inappropriately...
            The waterfall freezes, followed by xcvr going to receive (less than qtr second) FLDigi not responsive...a few items intially work then nothing. eg, you can close the image window use pulldown menus but they won't do more than open.

            On Rig Control Configuration, I have "Use separate serial port PTT" and blanked the device window.

            Dave says it's not in the software.

            Any ideas on settings...on fldigi? on iMac?

            John
            AB8O

            --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiener" <jawod@...> wrote:

            > double clicking Esc does not unlock the waterfall
            >

            > --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, w1hkj <w1hkj@> wrote:
            > >
            > > John,
            > >
            > > I will send you an email off list with directions on uploading the image
            > > file to an ftp location on the www.w1hkj.com web site.
            > >
            > > In the meantime please do the following.
            > >
            > > Create a very small image file, preferably less than 2 K in size.
            > >
            > > Repeat the tests sequence. When the waterfall freezes try pressing the
            > > Esc key twice (like a mouse double click). Let me know if that unlocks
            > > the waterfall.
            > >
            > > Dave

          • John Wiener
            Message 5 of 15 , May 9, 2013
              problem exists with separate PTT toggled on or off

              > On 05/09/2013 03:12 PM, John Wiener wrote:
              >
              > > On Rig Control Configuration, I have "Use separate serial port PTT"
              > > and blanked the device window.
              >
              > If you are trying to use this, then there is your problem.
              >
              > Ed W3NR

            • John Wiener
              Message 6 of 15 , May 11, 2013
                will try to load fldigi on a mac laptop but it is an older mac version
                ... so it won't be apples-to-apples hi

                in the meantime...

                here are directions from Signalink:

                Do I select a serial port when configuring my communications program -

                Some communications programs will have a COM Port selection for PTT (Push To Talk), and some will also have COM Port selection for radio control ("CAT" control). The SignaLink does NOT use a serial port for PTT control, so your communications program should be set to "None", "COM0", "External VOX", or a similar setting to indicate that a serial port is not used. Some newer programs have a "SignaLink" setting that should be used if available

                So what do I put in the rig control box? device box defaults to
                "/dev/ptt"

                I can clear the box and save it...then I tried mfsk pic...same result
                If I close and re-open fldigi, the "/dev/ptt" is again in the device box.

                I have tried with RigCAT set on or off using Elecraft K2 beta in hamlib

                same results in all cases.

                on the mac..

                sound output is on internal speakers (tried it with USB Audio CODEC also)
                sound input is USB Audio CODEC
                sound effects thru selected output device changed to thru internal speakers... results no diff...fldigi crashes.

                what else can I check?

                John
                AB8O