Re: [linuxham] not much digital on amateur frequencies ?

  • John Williams
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2013
      Spend some time between 14.070 and 14.080 Mhz

      John
      On 5/2/2013 2:33 AM, vito49swl wrote:

      Hello, many years ago when I was a full equipped SWL (15 years ago) there were a lot of digital movements on the amateur bands. I remember days of many many packet and RTTY connections, even sitorB ... That seems gone nowadays, well i didn't find one packet transmission lately.

      I must say that in the other bands between amateur and broadcast where utility is located there is also not much digital, compared to the years before.

      Is this correct, is there a tendency to drop digital connections in amateur band? If not, why can't I find them ? :-)
      (I use Fldigi to decode)

      Sorry for my bad English.

      73

      Vito
      vito49swl

      --

      John Williams

      KE5SSH - ham since 2007
      WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

    • vito49swl
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2013
        Hello John, indeed I found several BPSK31 transmissions at that spot. It was the very first time I recognized the mode and was able to follow the messages.
        Thanks for the info.

        --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, John Williams <KE5SSH@...> wrote:

        > Spend some time between 14.070 and 14.080 Mhz
        >
        > John
        > On 5/2/2013 2:33 AM, vito49swl wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello, many years ago when I was a full equipped SWL (15 years ago)
        > > there were a lot of digital movements on the amateur bands. I remember
        > > days of many many packet and RTTY connections, even sitorB ... That
        > > seems gone nowadays, well i didn't find one packet transmission lately.
        > >
        > > I must say that in the other bands between amateur and broadcast where
        > > utility is located there is also not much digital, compared to the
        > > years before.
        > >
        > > Is this correct, is there a tendency to drop digital connections in
        > > amateur band? If not, why can't I find them ? :-)
        > > (I use Fldigi to decode)
        > >
        > > Sorry for my bad English.
        > >
        > > 73
        > >
        > > Vito
        > > vito49swl
        > >

        > --
        >
        > John Williams
        >
        > KE5SSH - ham since 2007
        > WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

      • Ian Wade G3NRW
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2013
          From: vito49swl <vito.linux@...>
          Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 Time: 07:33:19

          > If not, why can't I find them ? :-)

          Hi Vito

          Take a look at my Band Utilization Charts. You will see a lot of digital
          activity here:

          The 30m Band Utilization Chart:

          The UK 60m Band Utilization Chart:
          http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/UK_60m_band_utilization.htm

          The 160m Band Utilization Chart:
          http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/160m_band_utilization.htm

          Ian, G3NRW
        • vito49swl
          Message 4 of 6 , May 3, 2013
            > Take a look at my Band Utilization Charts. You will see a lot of digital
            > activity here:

            Thanks Ian, I will study the digital modes I find there.

            73
            Vito
            vito49swl