RE: [linuxham] dl-fldigi on TV (Man Lab)

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2013
      > Anyway, I thought it was cool. The radio looked like an FT-817 but I
      > couldn't tell the frequency. I imagine it's VHF or UHF judging by the
      > mag mount antenna.
      >
      > Sander W1SOP

      Typically it will be 433.920MHz. We have an ISM allocation from 433.400 to 434.900MHz (yes in the middle of the European 70cms band) and there are many low power license free devices available. Things like remote keyless entry fobs for cars are in this band along with telemetry devices. The car fobs normally run 10mW of AM or FM. Not much power but if it's line of sight to your monitoring station then the signal will be strong enough.

      In the UK we cannot do aeronautical mobile at all on the amateur bands. You can use these devices in the air, just not under your amateur callsign! Well if they are going to shove them in our band allocations, we amateurs should use them to do the things we can't do as amateurs but can do as license-free users!

      Andy
      MM0FMF