hello to you all

  • vito49swl
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2013
      Many years ago i was a very dedicated SWL, with Kenwood-r5000 and PK-232 (not sure about this name) and i collected a few hundred of QSL-cards from Ham and broadcast and utility. But then bad luck popped up and i had to sell my equipment .... A few weeks ago the virus hit me again, suddenly i was interested in shortwave listening again. I started to search the web for more info and found webSDR and a few days later i installed fldigi on my Linux Mint LMDE computer, it's an older version because it was in my repos and my edition is Debian based. But it works.
      This also means that at the moment i receive and decode everything with computer, no receiver, no antenna, i use the webSDR from University of Twente in The Netherlands. But in a while i surely will look out for a decent receiver and antenna. I still have to contact the landlord for permission to install a good antenna, he 's not an easy going man so let's cross fingers.
      Further on it's a bit difficult to recognize all these (new) digital signals but the help files of fldigi is really extended and provide not only the shape of the signals but also a sample of how they sound. That must have been a huge task!

      Well, i'm back to SWL, i hope you don't mind my English is not perfect, i'm from Belgium, from the Dutch speaking part of it. This means i'm Flemish :-)

      73

      vito49swl
    • adamc1999
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2013
        There a good overview of the digital modes with sound samples and pictures of their waveforms here: http://www.kb9ukd.com/digital/

        En ik kan je altijd helpen in het nederlands als je er niet uitkomt in het Engels :-)

        73

        KF5SLN

        AC

        --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, "vito49swl" <vito.linux@...> wrote:

        > Many years ago i was a very dedicated SWL, with Kenwood-r5000 and PK-232 (not sure about this name) and i collected a few hundred of QSL-cards from Ham and broadcast and utility. But then bad luck popped up and i had to sell my equipment .... A few weeks ago the virus hit me again, suddenly i was interested in shortwave listening again. I started to search the web for more info and found webSDR and a few days later i installed fldigi on my Linux Mint LMDE computer, it's an older version because it was in my repos and my edition is Debian based. But it works.
        > This also means that at the moment i receive and decode everything with computer, no receiver, no antenna, i use the webSDR from University of Twente in The Netherlands. But in a while i surely will look out for a decent receiver and antenna. I still have to contact the landlord for permission to install a good antenna, he 's not an easy going man so let's cross fingers.
        > Further on it's a bit difficult to recognize all these (new) digital signals but the help files of fldigi is really extended and provide not only the shape of the signals but also a sample of how they sound. That must have been a huge task!
        >
        > Well, i'm back to SWL, i hope you don't mind my English is not perfect, i'm from Belgium, from the Dutch speaking part of it. This means i'm Flemish :-)
        >
        > 73
        >
        > vito49swl

      • vito49swl
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2013
          --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, "adamc1999" <adam@...> wrote:

          > There a good overview of the digital modes with sound samples and pictures of their waveforms here: http://www.kb9ukd.com/digital/

          OK, thanks.

          > En ik kan je altijd helpen in het nederlands als je er niet uitkomt in het Engels :-)
          >
          > 73
          >
          > KF5SLN

          In orde, da's fijn. Ik zal proberen niet te overdrijven :-)
          Groetjes

          vito49swl
        • Dave B
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2013
            On 30 Apr 2013 at 10:40, linuxham@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            > Re: hello to you all
            > Posted by: "adamc1999" adam@... adamc1999
            > Date: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:13 am ((PDT))
            >
            > There a good overview of the digital modes with sound samples and
            > pictures of their waveforms here: http://www.kb9ukd.com/digital/
            >
            > En ik kan je altijd helpen in het nederlands als je er niet uitkomt in
            > het Engels :-)
            >
            > 73
            >
            > KF5SLN
            >
            > AC