Greater than 192kbps Sound card?

  • wa9sdj
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2013
      I've been searching and searching for a Linux compatible sound card with > 192kbps stereo sampling? Finding 192k is not too hard, but anything higher seems to be hiding or only available on ultra high end pro gear.

      The problem is I've discovered the joy of Quisk, and my 96kbps internal sound card just isn't cutting it!

      Many thanks
    • Mark Schoonover
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2013
        You could start here: http://ardour.org/requirements.html Maybe this'll help.

        73 - Mark Schoonover - KA6WKE
        http://www.ka6wke.net
        QSX: 21.446 SSB & 29.6 FM

        On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM, wa9sdj <dr.diesel@...> wrote:

        I've been searching and searching for a Linux compatible sound card with > 192kbps stereo sampling? Finding 192k is not too hard, but anything higher seems to be hiding or only available on ultra high end pro gear.

        The problem is I've discovered the joy of Quisk, and my 96kbps internal sound card just isn't cutting it!

        Many thanks

      • Marc Coevoet
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2013
          You mean:

          Greater than 192 *kHz* Sound card

          Marc
          http://shortwave dot tk
          700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations dot tk
          300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages dot tk
        • wa9sdj
          Message 4 of 4 , May 22, 2013

            > You mean:
            >
            > Greater than 192 *kHz* Sound card
            >

            > Marc

            Yeah, I was searching 192khz and for some reason posted kbps, just now realized it when another used Emailed a few suggestions today!

            Anyhow, I've ordered a HiQSDR, an entirely different beast, but why not right?

            73
            Andy