BUG in FLDIGI screen sharing in OSX

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2013
      When I log into my OSX machine using screen sharing I can run any app just fine except fldigi. When I press the shift key cntl key option key or command key the "about fldigi" box comes up. This does not occur in FLRIG or FLLOG just FLDigi.
      Of course this does not happen except in screen sharing.
      It is easily replicated. I can work around for the moment by never touching my shift key.
      But that is really painful as I'm a good typer and I hit it often.
      Steve
      KK4NNH
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10, 2013
        On 04/10/2013 11:07 AM, Steve wrote:
        > When I log into my OSX machine using screen sharing I can run any app just fine except fldigi. When I press the shift key cntl key option key or command key the "about fldigi" box comes up. This does not occur in FLRIG or FLLOG just FLDigi.
        > Of course this does not happen except in screen sharing.
        > It is easily replicated. I can work around for the moment by never touching my shift key.
        > But that is really painful as I'm a good typer and I hit it often.
        > Steve
        > KK4NNH
        Fix your keyboard mapping functions that are gobbling up the expected
        alt / shift / control key sequences in fldigi. This issue is prevalent
        on OS X due to the window manager scarfing up most of those special key
        combinations.

        Dave
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 10, 2013
          Dave,
          I'd love to but I have no idea what you're talking about. I have no special keyboard mappings, nor do I know where to change them.
          I've looked in the language/text section of the system prefs and also in the keyboard shortcuts. I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
          Why would FLRIG NOT pop up the help screen but FLDIGI does?

          The point is that when you press the shift key fldigi thinks that it should launch help about as if you pressed ALT-H or something.
          Every other app works just fine except fldigi including flrig. I'm not trying to use ANY key combinations to access stuff.
          I just want to type in the window and be able to use the shift key without fldigi thinking I've sent alt-h. Where do I change the key mappings you are
          talking about?
          Steve

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 10, 2013
            On 04/10/2013 03:47 PM, Steve wrote:
            > Dave,
            > I'd love to but I have no idea what you're talking about. I have no special keyboard mappings, nor do I know where to change them.
            > I've looked in the language/text section of the system prefs and also in the keyboard shortcuts. I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
            > Why would FLRIG NOT pop up the help screen but FLDIGI does?
            >
            > The point is that when you press the shift key fldigi thinks that it should launch help about as if you pressed ALT-H or something.
            > Every other app works just fine except fldigi including flrig. I'm not trying to use ANY key combinations to access stuff.
            > I just want to type in the window and be able to use the shift key without fldigi thinking I've sent alt-h. Where do I change the key mappings you are
            > talking about?
            > Steve
            System Preferences / Keyboard Shortcuts /

            Lists all of the keyboard shortcuts that the OS maps for the window manager.

            I've checked on both my G4 and my Intel mini-macs and do see the problem
            that you are reporting.