RE: [linuxham] jt65-hf and sstv support

  • Michael A. Thissell
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9, 2013

      Simply run JT65-HF under Wine.

      Works fine, lasts a long time.

      mike

      w7xw

      From: linuxham@yahoogroups.com [mailto:linuxham@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Richard Shaw
      Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 3:40 PM
      To: linuxham@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [linuxham] jt65-hf and sstv support

      On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM, SCOTT <mm3lso@...> wrote:

      are they any plans to put jt65 and sstv support in Fidigi soon would bee good to have it all in one

      +1 to JT65 support... There are apps out there for linux but I haven't had much luck trying to build them from source.

      As far as SSTV goes, QSSTV is great for analog and the author is working on digital, but I have no idea when something will be generally available.

      Richard

      KF5OIM

    • David A. Ranch
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2013

        I had emailed Dave about JT65 support many months (years?) ago and it wasn't very high on the priority list but priorities do change.   I've found for general JT65 support, the older WSJT Python based app works well under Linux and it seems the new Qt based WSJT-X app is where all the focus is now.  I'm personally curious when the new "X" program will have feature parity with the original version.

        Regarding SSTV, yes, there is QSSTV for analog SSTV though I've personally had trouble with the program's timing / locking and getting zero decodes on very strong signals.  On the digital SSTV side, there is TRXAMADRM:

            http://www.pa0mbo.nl/ties/public_html/hamradio/txamadrm/index.html

        I've been working with the developer on this program for some time now and it's very functional now.  I have had some difficulty with weak signals though so I'm curious what other HAMs say about that vs. the defacto Windows software EasyPal for RX.

        --David

        On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM, SCOTT <mm3lso@...> wrote:
        are they any plans to put jt65 and sstv support in Fidigi soon would bee good to have it all in one

        +1 to JT65 support... There are apps out there for linux but I haven't had much luck trying to build them from source.

        As far as SSTV goes, QSSTV is great for analog and the author is working on digital, but I have no idea when something will be generally available.

        Richard
        KF5OIM

      • ki7mt
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
          I'm not an SSTV expert by any stretch of the imagination, but EasyPal is really cool. If I'm not busy with chasing DX or whatever, I often set the rig on 20m DIGI SSTV and the pictures they produce are pretty amazing.

          73's Greg, KI7MT