Right click on FLDIGI

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2013
      I have a Mac PowerBook G4 which has pad rather than mouse. To do a right click
      you press control than click. However, it does not work with FLDIGI on this computer . My friends newer MacBook works correctly. Is there a work around?
    • Joel Black
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2013
        Richard,

        I'm a really new Mac user, but I have my trackpad on my iMac (Mountain Lion) set to right click with two fingers.  See if you can go into settings to the trackpad.  There, you can set a secondary click.  Mine is set to "click or tap with two fingers."

        73,
        Joel - W4JBB

        On 4/8/13 10:43 PM, Richard wrote:

        I have a Mac PowerBook G4 which has pad rather than mouse. To do a right click
        you press control than click. However, it does not work with FLDIGI on this computer . My friends newer MacBook works correctly. Is there a work around?

      • James Howard
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 9, 2013
          Richard,

          I ran into the same problem on my iBook G4 when I switched to fldigi from cocoaModem. My solution was adding a wireless USB mouse. Now I can right-click to my hearts desire while editing macros. A side benefit is that I can kick back in my chair, mousing on a book in my lap during a contact while using fldigi. This is great for rtty contesting. No need to touch the radio or laptop at all!

          73,
          Jim Howard, W4SDJ

          --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <richardjoanne@...> wrote:

          > I have a Mac PowerBook G4 which has pad rather than mouse. To do a right click
          > you press control than click. However, it does not work with FLDIGI on this computer . My friends newer MacBook works correctly. Is there a work around?

        • Dick Brown
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 9, 2013
            Jim, sounds like the right solution.