Re: [linuxham] Little help on Debian startup

  • Ing. Pavel Milanes Costa
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2013
      Put this line in the file /etc/rc.local just BEFORE the exit statement

      $(which rtl_tcp)  -a 192.168.1.60 -g 42.1 &

      note the last char of the line is a &...

      Save the file and restart, you may need sudo or su  (admin priv) to modify this file...

      73

      El 29/03/13 15:27, Jeff Kelly escribió:

      I am running rtl_tcp with a rtl dongle on a Debian ARM with a Pink pogoplug.
      Once I boot up,  I putty in and run the command:
      rtl_tcp -a 192.168.1.60 -g 42.1
      to get things going.

      I would like to have that happen automatically at bootup.

      I have tried many of the suggestions on the web but it never seems to start on it’s own.
      I can type in the script name I created ./mystartup.sh in a terminal and that works.

      Can anyone suggest a simple way to auto execute this command at bootup?

      Thank you,

      Jeff