Re: [linuxham] Digest Number 2577

  • Dave B
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2013
      On 30 Mar 2013 at 23:03, linuxham@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Re: grig
      > Posted by: "w1hkj" w1hkj@... w1hkj
      > Date: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:12 pm ((PDT))

      <Snip>

      > If you are expecting to use grig with fldigi then you should really be
      > installing and running flrig, which is designed to be the companion
      > transceiver control program for fldigi.
      >
      > http://www.w1hkj.com/flrig-help/index.html
      >
      > Dave

      As per Dave's recommendation above. If you plan to use Fldigi at any
      time, also download and use Flrig. It's got most of the IC-746 variants
      included as standard, where as in Hamlib the 746 is not even listed as an
      individual model. (There are also comments re the lack of info from Icom
      re some rig's too.)

      I often have two instances of Flrig running here on the same PC, one
      working my TS-870 with Fldigi, and the other running a PC-R1000 for
      "other" uses. No clashes.

      There's noting wrong as such with Grig, when a radio is drectly
      supported, but my personal preference at this time for stand alone radio
      control, is Flrig, regardless of the OS the PC uses.

      73.

      Dave G0WBX.