WSJT-X for Linux

  • Dave Wright
    Message 1 of 44 , Mar 30, 2013
      All,

      Sorry for the cross-post, but this may be of interest to many.  According to the latest change notes for WSJT-X, it now can be compiled to run on Linux.  This opens up JT-9 modes for Linux users.

      I have downloaded the source code:  svn co svn://svn.berlios.de/wsjt/branches/wsjtx

      I have not attempted to build yet.  A quick glance indicates no makefile, so I'm not sure how to go about doing this.  So far, no word in the documentation about how to do it either, so I'll have to research some more.

      Dave Wright
      K3DCW
      www.k3dcw.net

      "Real radio bounces off of the sky"

    • kc9lwk@sbcglobal.net
      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 5, 2013
        --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, "qrpbear" <qrpbear@...> wrote:

        > Mike,
        >
        > Edit your /etc/sysctl.conf file to reflect kernel.shmmax=268435456 to increase your shared memory space.
        >
        > You may also need to create an .asoundrc file in your Home directory. For my Icom 7200 with USB interface I am using...
        >
        > pcm.radio {
        > type hw
        > card 1
        > device 0
        > }
        > pcm_slave.radioslave {
        > pcm radio
        > rate 48000
        > }
        > pcm.radioconv {
        > type rate
        > slave radioslave
        > }
        >
        > That's what got it going for me albeit still in receive only mode.
        >
        > I got the info from Dave, VK4BDJ.
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > 'Bear' NH7SR

        Thanks, Bear, for the shm tip. That got me the GUI. Now to sort the audio stuff ...

        73,
        Mike