New install - Mepis - gMFSK

  • Jerry W
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2006
      Hello,

      I do not know how to uninstall Dave's version gMFSK.
      So reinstalled a clean Mepis 6.0 beta 2.
      Did all the apt-get updates, upgrade, reloaded the Synaptic package
      information.
      With Synaptic;
      Installed all the hamlib programs
      installed the fftw programs, (dev also).
      installed libgnomeeui programs
      Then gmfsk.0.7pre1
      on configure advice of Harv AI9NL (previous install of gmfsk) he had
      me do this:
      ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
      --enable hamlib

      Everything is working, PTT (/dev/ttyS1 RTS), CAT support. The only
      thing different is that I do not have the neat colored waterfall.
      Jerry - K0HZI
    • Hamish Moffatt
      Message 2 of 2 , May 13, 2006
        On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 11:51:16PM -0000, Jerry W wrote:
        > I do not know how to uninstall Dave's version gMFSK.
        > So reinstalled a clean Mepis 6.0 beta 2.

        [..]

        > Everything is working, PTT (/dev/ttyS1 RTS), CAT support. The only
        > thing different is that I do not have the neat colored waterfall.

        Since Mepis is based on Debian, you might be able to install the Debian
        package. My latest version includes the coloured waterfall.

        You can fetch it from http://packages.debian.org/unstable/hamradio/gmfsk
        and install by hand (dpkg -i gmfsk_...).

        Hamish
        --
        Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@...> <hamish@...>