NEWBIE: FROM SW MIAMI, FL LOOKING FOR MENTOR.

  • k4lcd@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2013
      Good morning!

      Should be receiving my Pi tomorrow (already in the mail).
      I've been a licensed Amateur for more than 50 years, somewhat literate as a user of Windows and been involved with SDR now for almost ten years.

      Would like help learning Linux, about Linux Debian and the opportunities of using the R-Pi and its practical applications with Ham Radio.

      I live near the MDC Kendall Campus.

      Sincerely and 73

      Juan / K4LCD
    • IZ1TGH Roberto Waha
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2013
        Good morning, Juan.
        You got up very early!

        2013/3/28 k4lcd@... <juangranados@...>

        Would like help learning Linux, about Linux Debian and the opportunities of using the R-Pi and its practical applications with Ham Radio.

        Try joining this Yahoo group: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO be careful to type it as it is.
        (I guess why they chose such a difficult name for the group!)
        It's a good source for the information you need.

        I'm getting one soon to build a supercheap digipeater for my club, but AFAIK it may run Fldigi as well.

        Best 73 from Italy.
        Roberto IZ1TGH
        --
        +------------=* IZ1TGH Roberto Waha - IZ1TGH@... *=-------------+
        |          El Senyor és la meva força, el Senyor el meu cant.         |