Contesting program?

  • Richard Shaw
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 23, 2013
      I was just thinking it would be really cool if FLdigi could support
      voice macros. It could really save your voice during contests where
      you're calling CQ over and over...

      Does anyone know of a linux program that can do this?

      Thanks,
      Richard
    • Pierfrancesco Caci
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 23, 2013

        On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@...> wrote:
        I was just thinking it would be really cool if FLdigi could support
        voice macros. It could really save your voice during contests where
        you're calling CQ over and over...

        Does anyone know of a linux program that can do this?

        Thanks,
        Richard

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            linuxham-digest@yahoogroups.com
            linuxham-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
         Pierfrancesco Caci, ik5pvx
      • Josef Klimosz
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 23, 2013
          It is OK, but without /old/, the last version is Tucnak3 and it is very
          good ham software, I'm using it and satisfied. There is also Android
          port, which is the "Contest in your pocket".
          Josef OK2WO

          --
          Josef Klimosz
          RCS Brno, s.r.o.
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 23, 2013
            But, of course, only CW and SSB, RTTY and other digimodes are not
            supported. This program is primarily intended for VHF, but HF contesting
            is also possible.

            --
            Josef Klimosz
            RCS Brno, s.r.o.
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 24, 2013
              My son has been working on a python program that does voice and cw keying. It has a gui and supports hotkeys so the window does not need to be focused in order for it to work. I'll send you what he has done if you're interested.
              Rich KD0RG

              --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@...> wrote:

              > I was just thinking it would be really cool if FLdigi could support
              > voice macros. It could really save your voice during contests where
              > you're calling CQ over and over...
              >
              > Does anyone know of a linux program that can do this?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Richard

            • Richard Shaw
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 24, 2013
                On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM, kd0bjt <kd0bjt@...> wrote:
                > My son has been working on a python program that does voice and cw keying. It has a gui and supports hotkeys so the window does not need to be focused in order for it to work. I'll send you what he has done if you're interested.

                Sounds great! As long as it will use serial based keying I should be
                able to get it to work!

                I'm also a Fedora packager so if he wants to make it a formal program
                I can help out.

                Richard
                KF5OIM
              • Larry Levesque
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 24, 2013

                  I'm interested.

                  On Mar 24, 2013 1:57 PM, "kd0bjt" <kd0bjt@...> wrote:

                  My son has been working on a python program that does voice and cw keying. It has a gui and supports hotkeys so the window does not need to be focused in order for it to work. I'll send you what he has done if you're interested.
                  Rich KD0RG

                  --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@...> wrote:

                  > I was just thinking it would be really cool if FLdigi could support
                  > voice macros. It could really save your voice during contests where
                  > you're calling CQ over and over...
                  >
                  > Does anyone know of a linux program that can do this?
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Richard

                • Dave - G8FXM
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 24, 2013

                    I'd be interested in that too.

                    Linux Mint 14

                    On Mar 24, 2013 6:00 PM, "Larry Levesque" <ka1vgm@...> wrote:

                    I'm interested.

                    On Mar 24, 2013 1:57 PM, "kd0bjt" <kd0bjt@...> wrote:

                    My son has been working on a python program that does voice and cw keying. It has a gui and supports hotkeys so the window does not need to be focused in order for it to work. I'll send you what he has done if you're interested.
                    Rich KD0RG

                    --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@...> wrote:

                    > I was just thinking it would be really cool if FLdigi could support
                    > voice macros. It could really save your voice during contests where
                    > you're calling CQ over and over...
                    >
                    > Does anyone know of a linux program that can do this?
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Richard

                  • William Liporace - WC2L
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 24, 2013
                      KB sends CW and Recorded messages that you have previously created. The
                      program does not have a fldigi interface. It only has limited radio support
                      and has the big contests, some other ones and list is growing.. If there is
                      some work to get it to run on the Raspberry Pi as well.

                      Will WC2L
                      AR-Cluster Node: dxc.wc2l.com

                      I was just thinking it would be really cool if FLdigi could support voice
                      macros. It could really save your voice during contests where you're calling
                      CQ over and over...

                      Does anyone know of a linux program that can do this?

                      Thanks,
                      Richard

                    • Ing. Pavel Milanes Costa
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 25, 2013
                        Me too !

                        Please send a copy to test it!!! 73

                        --
                        Pavel Milanes Costa
                        Consultor Informático

                        "Utilizamos Open Source en nuestros servidores porque es una manera más de controlar nuestro propio destino."
                        					 DiBona (Google SysAdmin)

                        Yo uso Free/Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS), y tú?

                      • gespillman
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 26, 2013
                          I'd be interested in this as well.

                          Thanks,
                          Jerry
                          N6HFR

                          --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, "kd0bjt" <kd0bjt@...> wrote:

                          > My son has been working on a python program that does voice and cw keying. It has a gui and supports hotkeys so the window does not need to be focused in order for it to work. I'll send you what he has done if you're interested.
                          > Rich KD0RG
                          >
                          > --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I was just thinking it would be really cool if FLdigi could support
                          > > voice macros. It could really save your voice during contests where
                          > > you're calling CQ over and over...
                          > >
                          > > Does anyone know of a linux program that can do this?
                          > >
                          > > Thanks,
                          > > Richard

                        • kd0bjt
                          Message 12 of 13 , May 25, 2013
                            This is a reply to a post from 2 months ago. Here is a link to a voice and cw keyer for linux written in python. My 13 year old son wrote it and he would love some feedback on it (questions or suggestions as well).
                            http://sourceforge.net/projects/xrkeyer/
                            73, Rich KD0RG (ex BJT)

                            --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@...> wrote:

                            > I was just thinking it would be really cool if FLdigi could support
                            > voice macros. It could really save your voice during contests where
                            > you're calling CQ over and over...
                            >
                            > Does anyone know of a linux program that can do this?
                            >
                            > Thanks,
                            > Richard

                          • Marc Coevoet
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 25, 2013
                              Op 25-05-13 16:57, kd0bjt schreef:
                              > This is a reply to a post from 2 months ago. Here is a link to a voice
                              > and cw keyer for linux written in python. My 13 year old son wrote it
                              > and he would love some feedback on it (questions or suggestions as well).
                              > http://sourceforge.net/projects/xrkeyer/

                              Nice,

                              It should work for windows, but also for Android:

                              http://code.google.com/p/python-for-android/

                              Marc
                              http://shortwave dot tk
                              700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations dot tk