Fldigi waterfall height

  • Dave Wright
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2013
      For consideration for a future update of Fldigi:

      What's the chance of getting a larger (taller) waterfall. Right now,
      the waterfall is limited to between 100 and 160 pixels in height.
      With older monitors and processors this is good enough. With newer
      higher-res monitors with ample screen space and with most modern
      computers having processing power to spare, I could see the usefulness
      of a larger waterfall...say allowing between 100 and up to 300 pixels
      in height.

      Thoughts/comments?

      Dave
      K3DCW
      www.k3dcw.net

      "Real radio bounces off the sky"
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 23, 2013
        On 03/23/2013 10:05 AM, Dave Wright wrote:
        > For consideration for a future update of Fldigi:
        >
        > What's the chance of getting a larger (taller) waterfall. Right now,
        > the waterfall is limited to between 100 and 160 pixels in height.
        > With older monitors and processors this is good enough. With newer
        > higher-res monitors with ample screen space and with most modern
        > computers having processing power to spare, I could see the usefulness
        > of a larger waterfall...say allowing between 100 and up to 300 pixels
        > in height.
        >
        > Thoughts/comments?
        >

        > Dave
        > K3DCW
        > www.k3dcw.net
        If you are building from source you can control the minimum and maximum
        height of the waterfall. Open the source file

        src/dialogs/confdialog.cxx and look for these two lines

        cntrWfheight->minimum(100);
        cntrWfheight->maximum(160);

        Change the 160 to your new maximum and then recompile fldigi.

        73, Dave, W1HKJ
      • Dave Wright
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 23, 2013
          Thanks, Dave.  That's great for Linux where I build from source, but I don't on OS X or Windows.

          It would be nice to have the option for the normal install as well...at least I think so, but I may be the only one.

          73 and thanks again!