Linux: Version 13 Ham Radio DVD has been released!

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2013
      Hi everybody,

      I have just released version 13 of the Linux Ham Radio DVD. This version is a remix based on Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS. It is intended to run decently on older computers while containing modern functionality, and recent versions of software. It can be run as a Live DVD, or installed to one's hard drive, or to one's USB thumb drive.

      With this version, both 32-bit and 64-bit ISOs are now available for download:

      http://sourceforge.net/projects/kb1oiq-andysham/

      To the best of my knowledge, everything on this DVD is Free and/or Open Source software - nothing proprietary.

      Besides the entire family of FL* programs (fldigi, flarq, flwrap, fllog, etc), this collection contains xlog version 2.0.6, software defined radio receiver gqrx (for RTL2832 DVB-T USB dongles), GNU EDA, Gpredict and earthtrack, CW practice programs, and much, much more. The complete list is on the DVD in the RELEASE_NOTES file (found in the Documentation menu).

      Have a lot of fun, and 73,

      Andy
      KB1OIQ