Re: After Action Report on fldigi in the BARTG HF RTTY Contest

  • kawayuppie
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2013
      Thank you for the report Dick. I used to be active more then a year ago in the BARTG and other RTTY and data modes contests and your report is helping me be motivated to get going again! I too use Mac OS X ...

      vy 73

      André, M0JEK

      --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Dick Kriss <aa5vu@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > 2. Had some cockpit startup issues that were cleared by restarting fldigi.
      >
      > 3. The Cabrillo Report worked perfect. I used the LoTW tqsl app to sign my aa5vu.log file created by fldigi for upload to LoTW and got the appended report from the UK Contest Manager on the first submittal.
      >
      > I use fldigi by W1HKJ for daily QSO and contesting because it runs on Mac OS X, has an excellent digital decoder and is easy to use.
      >
      > 73 Dick AA5VU
      >
      > Begin forwarded message:
      >
      > > From: "BARTG Contest Manager" <logs@...>
      > > Subject: Analysis of your log submission (AA5VU SOAB Sent 17/03/2013 21:28:19)
      > > Date: March 17, 2013 4:55:57 PM CDT
      > > To: <aa5vu@...>
      > >
      > > Analysis of email attachment AA5VU.LOG
      > >
      > > Processing Cabrillo Type 3 Log.
      > > Thank you for using the correct naming format for your attached log file.
      > > You are claiming a score of 40128 points.
      > > You have been placed in the SOAB Class. (This is based on the subject line of your email and information in the headers of your log, your total operating time and your Expert status if you entered the SOAB Class.)
      > >
      > > Thank you for using the correct format for the subject line of your email.
      > > You are using FLDIGI 3.21.68 contest/logging software.
      > > If you print your contest certificate, this name will be on it: Dick Kriss.
      > > If you need this name changing, either edit your log and re-submit it or forward this email to arthur.bard@... stating the required change. (re-submitting your log is the fastest and best option.)
      > >

      > > ===================== Start of Analysis of QSOs =====================
      > >
      > > You took a valid break between QSO 18 and QSO 19
      > > You have a non perfect RST in QSO 39 of 115
      > > You took a valid break between QSO 62 and QSO 63
      > > You took a valid break between QSO 105 and QSO 106
      > > You took a valid break between QSO 117 and QSO 118
      > >
      > > ==================== End of Analysis of 132 QSOs. ====================
      > >

      > > 0 Bad QSOs in log which have been excluded.
      > > 132 Good QSOs which will be used to calculate your score.
      > >
      > I had family commitments so my effort was part time. My objective was to work a 100 Q's and quit. I did but came back for seconds. I hope 10 meters was better for others.
      >
      > 73 Dick AA5VU
      >
      > BARTG HF RTTY Contest
      >
      > Call: AA5VU
      > Operator(s): AA5VU
      > Station: AA5VU
      >
      > Class: SOAB LP
      > QTH: Austin, TX
      > Operating Time (hrs): Part Time

      > 80: 03 01 02
      > 40: 41 05 15
      > 20: 70 17 20
      > 15: 16 04 08
      > 10: 02 02 02
      > -----------------------------------
      > Total: 132 29 47 Continents = 4 Total Score = 40,128
      >
      > Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club
      >
      > Comments: OS X 10.8.3 on an iMac, fldigi-3.21.68 and Kenwood TS-590S

    • Dick Kriss
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2013
        Andre M0JEK,

        Thanks for the note.  That was the purpose of the posting to get some others to try it. Drop me a note and I will send you some OS X screen shots of the settings.  Let me know what rig you use and how you have it interfaced.

        73 Dick AA5VU

        On Mar 20, 2013, at 4:47 AM, linuxham@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:47 am (PDT) . Posted by:

        "kawayuppie" kawayuppie