Re: [linuxham] Keying the Elecraft K3 from an IMAC system 10.8

  • Dick Brown
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 15, 2013
      Dave, I am using the RS232 connection on the K3 for the P3 connector which is RS232.   Does the TrippLite connect into the that so that I would loose the P3 connection or does it connect into the ACC multipin connector?

      Dick
      On Mar 14, 2013, at 4:18 PM, Dave Wright <hfradiopro@...> wrote:

      I should've added; at the basic level, using the iMic, you should be able to use VOX keying on the K3 to trigger the xmit when you send audio over the iMic.

      With a CAT connections (USB-Serial....I highly recommend the TrippLite USA-19HS on OS X) you can trigger the PTT and change/track frequencies from Fldigi.

      Once I know more about your setup, I'll be glad to help you.  I have a K3 running with Fldigi and OS X with no problem. Feel free to email me directly, if you'd like.

      Dave
      K3DCW
      www.k3dcw.net

      "Real radio bounces off the sky"

      On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM, Dave Wright <hfradiopro@...> wrote:
      What kind of CAT connection do you have between the computer and the K3?

      The iMic is audio only.

      Dave
      K3DCW
      www.k3dcw.net

      "Real radio bounces off the sky"

      On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Richard <richardjoanne@...> wrote:

      I recently started working with FLDIGI on a Mac using OSX 10.8 in combination with a Elecraft K3. I am using IMIC interface connected to the IMAC USB port going to the K3. This configuration works very well using CoCoaModem software and the K3 software for copying and sending RTTY, CW and PSK 31.
      With the FLDIGI I am able to copy all modes very well but I have not got the right combination of Rig control to key to the K3. FLDIGI shows the data being sent correctly but the K3 is not keyed. I would appreciate someone giving me some tips as to how to make this happen. Thanks,
      KT6X

    • Dave Wright