Re: [linuxham] A new Linux desktop

  • Dave Cooper
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 13, 2007
      I went for a long time without buying a new system, always doing the best
      with Compaqs or HP's that had been refurnished.

      About three months ago I decide to buy something new and decided on Dell.
      There was not special reason singling out Dell but have watched the Linux
      Dell thing and also wanted to get up to date with Windows.

      So now I run a dual boot Dell with Kubuntu and Vista that has been steady as
      a rock. The overall stability and especially the distance that I can
      seperate Linux from Vista has impressed me... Windows and Vista have no idea
      that Linux is there.

      As I have little time in the Summer and I am behind in W1HKJ's new items but
      will catch up shortly.

      I do think that Dual Core is a bonus allthough both of my machines are
      running AMD's and cannot speak for the Intel's.

      Glad to see the debate on a new linux desktop though. I find it
      interesting.

      Dave VE3IXI