FLDIGI - plans to support Kenwood KY for CW?

  • Brian Jones
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2013
      Newer Kenwood rigs and the Elecraft rigs support Kenwoods KY command instruction which allows sending CW via the CAT interface. FLDIGI is brilliant for all the other data modes on my TS-590s using just the single USB connection to the radio which carries CAT and audio - is there any chance of KY support to allow keyboard keying of CW via the same single cable interface?

      Brian G0UKB
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9, 2013
        On 03/08/2013 11:15 PM, Brian Jones wrote:
        Newer Kenwood rigs and the Elecraft rigs support Kenwoods KY command instruction which allows sending CW via the CAT interface. FLDIGI is brilliant for all the other data modes on my TS-590s using just the single USB connection to the radio which carries CAT and audio - is there any chance of KY support to allow keyboard keying of CW via the same single cable interface?

        Brian G0UKB

        None at this time.  You are of course quite free to add that feature to your fldigi source.

        Dave
      • Brian Jones
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 10, 2013

          > None at this time. You are of course quite free to add that feature to your fldigi source.

          Great answer! I only realised that Kenwood (and Elecraft) had such a mode a couple of days ago. It might be nice to see how much work there would be to add it to FLDIGI. I'll take a look when a couple of other coding projects get finished.

          Brian G0UKB

        • Remi Chateauneu
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 10, 2013
            Should not it be rather added to Hamlib (This is just a question, I have no idea of the answer) ?

            Remi

            Dave

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 10, 2013
              On 03/10/2013 06:02 AM, Brian Jones wrote:
              Dave

              > None at this time. You are of course quite free to add that feature to your fldigi source.

              Great answer! I only realised that Kenwood (and Elecraft) had such a mode a couple of days ago. It might be nice to see how much work there would be to add it to FLDIGI. I'll take a look when a couple of other coding projects get finished.

              Brian G0UKB

              Share the code changes with me Brian and I will consider them for a merger into the production code.  Your's is not the first request for KY keying.