Re: [linuxham] Re: Favorite frequencies for fldigi...

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 4, 2013
      On 03/04/2013 06:12 PM, William Knoche wrote:
      > Thanks for the reply. I have been using the Bookmarks as everyone has
      > suggested. I was hoping for something a bit more flexible and
      > scalable. In particular I was hoping for a hierarchical annotated
      > list. Since I started out using HRD I was hoping for a similar
      > feature to what it had.(no more Windows here). Perhaps this is a
      > really an RFE. I would use a text file if it were easier to cut and
      > past frequencies/modes but I don't see an easy way to do that. But I
      > can use a text file and type in the parameters and I am doing that
      > now. It would be really nice to better intergrate with flrig or
      > fldigi.

      Shut down fldigi. Open a terminal:: nano /home/your
      username/.fldigi/frequencies2.txt

      Sure would save time and be the correct way to edit the pick list.

      > If I were wishing...
      >
      > - group similar sets together (such as 2m repeaters, PSK31, Wefax,
      > etc) - groups expanded/hidden - hierarchical nested groups - sort by
      > frequency or mode with in the group - free floating favourites
      > window - selecting configures frequency, mode, modem, etc - ability
      > comment/annotate each entry

      You might want to look at some of the available macro tags and using the
      Exec macro.

      Detailed info here ::

      http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.21/index.html

      > Thanks,
      >
      > bill

      Ed W3NR
    • Remi Chateauneu
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 4, 2013
        Hi All,

        Yes, these are very good ideas. Pavel also suggested to add comments to
        frequencies, and indeed it would be very convenient.

        I added some of these features in my own version (But it can grow):

        * Possibility to load other frequency files in text format.
        * Load frequencies from external ADIF files.
        * Add comments and callsign on the frequency list
        * New frequency list format compatible with the old one.
        * Add frequencies from external database: The website
        http://www.mwlist.org/ is OK to provide list of frequencies.

        Hierachical nested groups involve more code changes, and also free
        floating windows (This can be discussed). On the other hand, hiding
        frequencies based on the modulation type is straightforward.

        I also added the automatic selection of the current frequency in the
        list: It's nice to see it jumping from one line to the other when tuning
        the rig. Very convenient also to know the name of the FM station you are
        listening to.

        Can you build fldigi from a GIT branch such as pu/rc ? Unfortunately I
        have no mean to deliver a fldigi binary. If someone can easily prepare
        Windows or MacOS binaries given a GIT branch, it would certainly help a lot.

        Remi