Re: [linuxham] Re: Problems with Rigblaster

  • Sholto Fisher, K7TMG
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 4 8:45 AM
      Hi Tearlach,

      I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the Advantage fully working in Ubuntu
      12.04.

      Regardless of the version of linux, you can always put the RIGblaster switch
      in VOX and it will behave in an identical fashion to the Signalink USB. The
      sound card driver seems to be included in most kernals. I.e. if it works
      with the Signalink it will also work with the Advantage (in VOX mode).

      The RIGblaster Advantage has an additional feature in VOX mode which may be
      interesting to you or others on here -
      the VOX circuit is logically OR'ed with the CW keying output - the result is
      it will turn MCW (e.g. from fldigi) into a real key output which can be used
      to send Morse Code using 'CW mode' on your radio. For full QSK, you can
      disconnect the RIGblaster mic cable and then use the VOX delay control to
      adjust break-in time.

      73

      Sholto
      K7TMG