Re: Problems with Rigblaster

  • Tearlach Sinclair
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 4 6:45 AM
      I had  just the same issues with the Rigblaster and got almost the same errors that you have. I resolved the issue by putting the Rigblaster back in the box and setting the box on a shelf in the basement.
      I then got a SignaLink USB and  plugged it in as stated by the manufacturer. It has worked flawlessly since. No special drivers or any bit of fooling about and beating my head against the computer box. Simply plug and play. I reccomend making the same solution.
      Tearlach

      Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic
    • Sholto Fisher, K7TMG
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 4 8:45 AM
        Hi Tearlach,

        I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the Advantage fully working in Ubuntu
        12.04.

        Regardless of the version of linux, you can always put the RIGblaster switch
        in VOX and it will behave in an identical fashion to the Signalink USB. The
        sound card driver seems to be included in most kernals. I.e. if it works
        with the Signalink it will also work with the Advantage (in VOX mode).

        The RIGblaster Advantage has an additional feature in VOX mode which may be
        interesting to you or others on here -
        the VOX circuit is logically OR'ed with the CW keying output - the result is
        it will turn MCW (e.g. from fldigi) into a real key output which can be used
        to send Morse Code using 'CW mode' on your radio. For full QSK, you can
        disconnect the RIGblaster mic cable and then use the VOX delay control to
        adjust break-in time.

        73

        Sholto
        K7TMG