Re: [linuxham] Problems with Rigblaster

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 4, 2013
      On 03/03/2013 11:32 PM, wc5b_1 wrote:
      > I am having a bit of an issue trying to get my Rigblaster Advantage
      > installed and working correctly. Manufacture claims its been tested
      > and nearly plug and play on Ubuntu and other owners of interface
      > claim this is so.
      >
      > The main issues I am having is 1. the drivers do not seem to want to
      > install and 2. the audio options seem to appear, but no audio is
      > coming or going from the device. Manufacture drivers include a batch
      > install.sh file for ubuntu but it appears to fail (asks for a
      > password and then nothing at all happens. When I try to make, this is
      > what I get:

      The needed drivers *should* already be in the kernnel.

      Also this from the wiki may be of some help ::

      https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/Documentation/HOWTO/Mint_installation

      Make sure you add yourself to the dialout group.

      Pulseaudio is the preferred sound server for fldigi.

      Ed W3NR
    • Tearlach Sinclair
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 4, 2013
        I had  just the same issues with the Rigblaster and got almost the same errors that you have. I resolved the issue by putting the Rigblaster back in the box and setting the box on a shelf in the basement.
        I then got a SignaLink USB and  plugged it in as stated by the manufacturer. It has worked flawlessly since. No special drivers or any bit of fooling about and beating my head against the computer box. Simply plug and play. I reccomend making the same solution.
        Tearlach

        Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic
      • Sholto Fisher, K7TMG
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 4, 2013
          Hi Tearlach,

          I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the Advantage fully working in Ubuntu
          12.04.

          Regardless of the version of linux, you can always put the RIGblaster switch
          in VOX and it will behave in an identical fashion to the Signalink USB. The
          sound card driver seems to be included in most kernals. I.e. if it works
          with the Signalink it will also work with the Advantage (in VOX mode).

          The RIGblaster Advantage has an additional feature in VOX mode which may be
          interesting to you or others on here -
          the VOX circuit is logically OR'ed with the CW keying output - the result is
          it will turn MCW (e.g. from fldigi) into a real key output which can be used
          to send Morse Code using 'CW mode' on your radio. For full QSK, you can
          disconnect the RIGblaster mic cable and then use the VOX delay control to
          adjust break-in time.

          73

          Sholto
          K7TMG