Re: [linuxham] soundmodem

  • David A. Ranch
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2013
      You can also see how I set it up here though if you Google "configure
      soundmodem linux", you'll get 100s of hits:

      http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/CentosDigitalModes/hampacketizing-centos.html#8.soundmodem-packet

      > The computer is an ACER Aspire NetBook and I'm running Linux mint 14. I can run FLDIGI no problem so know sound card is ok. It by the way uses "Pulse Audio"

      Soundmodem uses ALSA directly but since you need a dedicated soundcard
      for soundmodem, sharing isn't an issue. If you're NOT using a dedicated
      soundcard, make sure you disable System sounds on your machine or you
      might be broadcasting cute audio clips over the airwaves!

      --David