Re: [linuxham] Cross platform field day log

  • Peter N. Spotts
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2013
      On 02/25/2013 09:44 PM, Michael Wilson wrote:
      > I some how volunteered myself as the co-chairman for my club's field day
      > activities this year. One of the issues I've had in the past that I'm
      > hopping to change is the logging software that we use. We have used
      > N3FJP in the past, but I was never able to getting working correctly
      > under WINE. I started looking at FDLog, but I have yet to be able to get
      > any two of my computers to successfully connect using it. Does anyone
      > have any ideas for a cross platform, networked based solution?
      >
      > Michael Wilson
      > KC9KHT

      Frankly, I don't know about its potential as a networked log, but jLog
      is java-based and pretty powerful. Not having used it in contests, I
      can't speak to its nimbleness either. But it may be worth a look...

      http://jlog.org/

      With best regards,

      Pete

      --
      Peter N. Spotts -- W1PNS
      http://www.w1pns.net

      "Amateur radio is a contact sport.
      Get on the air and make a contact!"
      -- Lyle Amundson, K0LFV
    • David Toombs
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26, 2013
        I you have a favorite contest logging software that doesn't play nice under WINE I'd suggest installing Oracle VM Virtual Box.

        I installed Oracle VM Virtual Box when I discovered that N1MM wouldn't work under Wine. I installed an old copy of Windows XP I had kicking around the shack and now N1MM runs perfectly in this config.

        Just a thought.

        Screenshot
from 2013-02-05 17:13:59

        73's de Dave, G8FXM