Cross platform field day log

  • Michael Wilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2013
      I some how volunteered myself as the co-chairman for my club's field day activities this year. One of the issues I've had in the past that I'm hopping to change is the logging software that we use. We have used N3FJP in the past, but I was never able to getting working correctly under WINE. I started looking at FDLog, but I have yet to be able to get any two of my computers to successfully connect using it.  Does anyone have any ideas for a cross platform, networked based solution?

      Michael Wilson
      KC9KHT
    • Peter N. Spotts
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26, 2013
        On 02/25/2013 09:44 PM, Michael Wilson wrote:
        > I some how volunteered myself as the co-chairman for my club's field day
        > activities this year. One of the issues I've had in the past that I'm
        > hopping to change is the logging software that we use. We have used
        > N3FJP in the past, but I was never able to getting working correctly
        > under WINE. I started looking at FDLog, but I have yet to be able to get
        > any two of my computers to successfully connect using it. Does anyone
        > have any ideas for a cross platform, networked based solution?
        >
        > Michael Wilson
        > KC9KHT

        Frankly, I don't know about its potential as a networked log, but jLog
        is java-based and pretty powerful. Not having used it in contests, I
        can't speak to its nimbleness either. But it may be worth a look...

        http://jlog.org/

        With best regards,

        Pete

        --
        Peter N. Spotts -- W1PNS
        http://www.w1pns.net

        "Amateur radio is a contact sport.
        Get on the air and make a contact!"
        -- Lyle Amundson, K0LFV
      • David Toombs
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 26, 2013
          I you have a favorite contest logging software that doesn't play nice under WINE I'd suggest installing Oracle VM Virtual Box.

          I installed Oracle VM Virtual Box when I discovered that N1MM wouldn't work under Wine. I installed an old copy of Windows XP I had kicking around the shack and now N1MM runs perfectly in this config.

          Just a thought.

          Screenshot
from 2013-02-05 17:13:59

          73's de Dave, G8FXM