Re: [linuxham] SUSE 12.2

  • Richard Shaw
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2013
      On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM, k7bte <k7bte@...> wrote:
      > I'm trying to install flidigi and I keep getting libxmlr... needed. I've try'ed downloading them one at a time, but say's still need more. Is there someplace to get the required lib's all at once.

      First of all, since you're on a RPM based distro like myself (Fedora),
      the spec file is a good place to start.

      Google is your friend here. A simple search for "suse fldigi" sent me to:

      http://www.w1hkj.com/download.html

      and near the bottom I found:

      Open SuSE Spec files:
      Spec File Site

      And from there I found:

      https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=fldigi&project=hamradio

      The spec file contains all the necessary info you need (sans the
      source and any patches) to build a project for your system. It
      contains entries called "BuildRequires: ..." that list all the build
      requirements for the project.

      Anyhow, unless you really want to build it yourself I would just
      download the appropriate version and release of the package from the
      last link.

      Richard
      KF5OIM
    • k7bte
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 25, 2013
        Thanks for the reply, finally got it going.

        Bill K7BTE
      • wa6mbz
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26, 2013
          HI There,
          DL8FCL has a suse repository where you can get loads of ham
          software. He has a url on w1hkj's webpage. He speaks English.