SUSE 12.2

  • k7bte
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2013
      I'm trying to install flidigi and I keep getting libxmlr... needed. I've try'ed downloading them one at a time, but say's still need more. Is there someplace to get the required lib's all at once.

      Bill K7BTE
    • Richard Shaw
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 25, 2013
        On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM, k7bte <k7bte@...> wrote:
        > I'm trying to install flidigi and I keep getting libxmlr... needed. I've try'ed downloading them one at a time, but say's still need more. Is there someplace to get the required lib's all at once.

        First of all, since you're on a RPM based distro like myself (Fedora),
        the spec file is a good place to start.

        Google is your friend here. A simple search for "suse fldigi" sent me to:

        http://www.w1hkj.com/download.html

        and near the bottom I found:

        Open SuSE Spec files:
        Spec File Site

        And from there I found:

        https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=fldigi&project=hamradio

        The spec file contains all the necessary info you need (sans the
        source and any patches) to build a project for your system. It
        contains entries called "BuildRequires: ..." that list all the build
        requirements for the project.

        Anyhow, unless you really want to build it yourself I would just
        download the appropriate version and release of the package from the
        last link.

        Richard
        KF5OIM
      • k7bte
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 25, 2013
          Thanks for the reply, finally got it going.

          Bill K7BTE
        • wa6mbz
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 26, 2013
            HI There,
            DL8FCL has a suse repository where you can get loads of ham
            software. He has a url on w1hkj's webpage. He speaks English.