Re: [linuxham] Re: FLDigi & Slackware

  • Bob Snyder
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 23, 2013
      On 02/23/2013 08:16 PM, bobsch59 wrote:
      > Well, there's no terminal output since fldigi is running under X. I downloaded the latest binary tar.gz, which should not need the dev libraries.

      Open a terminal window and enter 'fldigi' and then <Enter>. The messages
      produced might be a big clue to the problem.

      > The online documentation called out PortAudio as a required library. I pulled that one in and built it...make check claimed that the installation was good.

      I use fldigi with Port Audio under Slackware (13.37) and it works fine.
      Slackware has notoriously had problems with Pulse Audio.

      Bob W6CP
    • bobsch59
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 24, 2013
        As it turned out, fldigi was demanding PulseAudio. Once I had that and json built and installed fldigi came right up. Thanks everyone for the tips.