Re: FLDigi & Slackware

  • bobsch59
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 23 8:17 PM
      I always forget that. I'll see what led tells me.

      --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, jhhaynes@... wrote:

      > Have you tried the ldd command to see if any needed libraries
      > are missing?

    • Bob Snyder
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 23 10:02 PM
        On 02/23/2013 08:16 PM, bobsch59 wrote:
        > Well, there's no terminal output since fldigi is running under X. I downloaded the latest binary tar.gz, which should not need the dev libraries.

        Open a terminal window and enter 'fldigi' and then <Enter>. The messages
        produced might be a big clue to the problem.

        > The online documentation called out PortAudio as a required library. I pulled that one in and built it...make check claimed that the installation was good.

        I use fldigi with Port Audio under Slackware (13.37) and it works fine.
        Slackware has notoriously had problems with Pulse Audio.

        Bob W6CP
      • bobsch59
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 24 1:02 PM
          As it turned out, fldigi was demanding PulseAudio. Once I had that and json built and installed fldigi came right up. Thanks everyone for the tips.