qMFSK USB SoundCard and Raspberry Pi

  • kb4jhu
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2013
      Need help in figuring out how to setup a USB soundcard modem on the RPI using
      qMSFK

      I have downloaded qMFSK and have it installed on my Raspberry Pi rev B. I have
      a problem with it recognizing a USB sound card. The device menu / sound menu /
      sound card device is set to /dev/dsp as default did not find a sound card and
      presented a error message with qMFSK is started.

      Error received: sound_open_for_read: opensnd: open: /dev/dsp: No such file or
      directory

      I did look at the RPi and found:
      /dev/snd/by-id/usb-0d8c_C-Media_USB_Headphone_Set-00

      Entered this in to qMFSK under device menu / sound menu / sound card and still
      get a error: sound_open_for_read: opensnd: ioctl: SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT:
      Inappropriate ioctl for device

      I have a USB signallink USB soundcard as well. Looking for a QRP setup that
      can run digital modes PSK31 and MT63.

      V/R

      -Michael KB4JHU
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 23, 2013
        On 02/23/2013 12:25 PM, kb4jhu wrote:
        > Need help in figuring out how to setup a USB soundcard modem on the RPI using
        > qMSFK
        >
        > I have downloaded qMFSK and have it installed on my Raspberry Pi rev B. I have
        > a problem with it recognizing a USB sound card. The device menu / sound menu /
        > sound card device is set to /dev/dsp as default did not find a sound card and
        > presented a error message with qMFSK is started.
        >
        > Error received: sound_open_for_read: opensnd: open: /dev/dsp: No such file or
        > directory
        >

        > I did look at the RPi and found:
        > /dev/snd/by-id/usb-0d8c_C-Media_USB_Headphone_Set-00
        >
        > Entered this in to qMFSK under device menu / sound menu / sound card and still
        > get a error: sound_open_for_read: opensnd: ioctl: SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT:
        > Inappropriate ioctl for device
        >
        > I have a USB signallink USB soundcard as well. Looking for a QRP setup that
        > can run digital modes PSK31 and MT63.
        >
        > V/R
        >
        > -Michael KB4JHU

        gMFSK is telling you the device is in use, plus it has not been
        maintained for years now. I would go with fldigi and see if you can get
        that up and running.