Re: how does linux help in becoming a ham?

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 19, 2013
      HI all,

      In my case, I'd have to say "how *did* Linux help in becoming a ham?".

      About 6 years ago, I was teaching a Linux class as part of the town's Adult Education program. I had two students who I had never previously met, and it turned out that they were hams. They started talking to me about digital modes and EMCOMM, and made the sales pitch, referencing Linux and Fldigi. I got my ticket a couple of months later, and have enjoyed the hobby immensely. Many thanks to KB1KTR and N1JWK!

      73,

      Andy
      KB1OIQ