Yaesu FT-897 rig control application on Linux

  • va3mdw
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2013
      Hi,

      I am looking for suggestions on which software to use on Linux to control an FT-897.

      I have a netbook that I want to setup for this and also have a USB based CAT cable for the radio.

      Thank you in advance,

      73's de Doug! VA3MDW
    • Dave Wright
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 17, 2013
        http://www.w1hkj.com/flrig-help/index.html

        Dave
        K3DCW
        www.k3dcw.net

        "Real radio bounces off the sky"

        On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM, va3mdw <murray.dw@...> wrote:

        Hi,

        I am looking for suggestions on which software to use on Linux to control an FT-897.

        I have a netbook that I want to setup for this and also have a USB based CAT cable for the radio.

        Thank you in advance,

        73's de Doug! VA3MDW

      • David A. Ranch
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17, 2013

          Flrig at http://www.w1hkj.com/flrig-help/index.html is a very nice GUI-based rig control program.  I've also had pretty good luck with Hamlib which offers command line tools and is leverage by other HAM programs - http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/hamlib/index.php?title=Main_Page

          --David
          KI6ZHD
        • Rein Couperus
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 18, 2013
          • 1 Attachment
          • 480 KB
          grig and hamlib... here running from the puppy pskmail CD.

          Rein EA/PA0R/M

          Hi,

          I am looking for suggestions on which software to use on Linux to control an FT-897.

          I have a netbook that I want to setup for this and also have a USB based CAT cable for the radio.

          Thank you in advance,

          73's de Doug! VA3MDW

          <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional